Steeple Bay Holiday Park, Southminster Review

• Facilities

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

barbara misquita's review of Steeple Bay Holiday Park, Southminster

“We have just returned from a 5 day break at this very...”

Written on: 23/06/2008 by barbara misquita (1 review written)

Staff were wonderful, polite and very helpful. Even though there was only 3/4 children for the Loopy club it was carried out every night and my grandchildren adored him.

Shop never open, closes at 2pm weekdays! The pool closes too early, this is summer and it needs to open til at least 6pm or longer so that you can have a dip after a long day out.

General Comments
We have just returned from a 5 day break at this very clean and looked after park. I read the reviews before I went and was filled with dread about going. I even tried to arrange for an alternative park!

On our arrival we were greeted by a friendly chap who gave us all the info on the park. Our caravan was a new one and was clean and tidy (the only thing missing was a toaster). The beach is not really one as such it is more like a man-made sandpit at the edge of the Blackwater. We went out daily to other beaches and spent the whole day out. The club, even though mostly empty had a real family feel I suspect this was because there was so few of us. You need to be able to drive for this park as it is down a very long lane and in the middle of nowhere. we had ducks outside our caravan every morning which the children found great pleasure in feeding.

I must say for my grandchildren this park was a little too quite but for me a great haven for a peaceful holiday.

To end with the pool was lovely and warm, like a bath and most times there was no more then 4/5 of us in it.

Chrisyuk's Response to barbara misquita's Review

Written on: 07/07/2008

I disagree with this review because... the company are keeping the pool at 28 degrees which is far too cold for babies and the elderly.

Chrisyuk's Response to barbara misquita's Review

Written on: 13/07/2008

Barbara - I own a static here and check the pool temp regularly, every couple of days. The manager told me himself that the pool will remain at 28. Which is too cold for young children and the elderly, 30 + is what is recommended. So basically this place is excluding what it is here for - family's.

Barbara Misquita's Response to barbara misquita's Review

Written on: 09/07/2008

chrisyuk-- when did you go and did you actually get into the pool? we went on 16th June and as I have said the pool was very warm my grand daughter is only 4yrs old and tiny but she did not think it was cold and at one time there was a baby of about 18 months in it as well and she was very happy. Maybe the temperature fluctuates but it was very warm the week we went.