Minolta Maxxum 9 Review

• Photograph Quality

J.D..'s review of Minolta Maxxum 9

“I don't have anything to compare it to as the last SLR...”

Written on: 20/11/2001 by J.D.. (1 review written)

the Minolta Maxxum 9 SLR camera does everything it's advertised to do , but for me it is over kill , this is not a knock on the camera , however it is the first one i carried an instruction book with . It met all my requirements , metal body , built in flash , rugged construction etc. If in time I learn all the things this camera is capable of it will be an accomplishment , but be prepaired to study , the SLR as I said works as advertised , You can't say more then that .

The camera is heavy to carry , however the construction and built in flash is why I bought it , I also bought the vertical grip and 5400HS flash unit , all work as advertised .

General Comments
I don't have anything to compare it to as the last SLR camera I bought was the minolta 9000 , it was and is still a good camera , But things have really changed . I have read many reviews on many cameras and they never talk about operation only the fact that their purchase was the best . I suspect that whatever you buy today and don't drop will work for everybody if it is in this price range , give or take a few hundred dollars for ego . Being able to select mode and meter settings quickly is a real advantage , being able to bracket exposures is nice but we did this by our selves before - now you can do it automatically , I wonder how many people use all these new features , excuse me this is more of a conversation then a review, Lets just say the Minolta Maxxum 9 SLR camera is great ,have fun and you will need to study.