Minolta X-700 Review

• Photograph Quality

Ratsters's review of Minolta X-700

“I'm a die-hard fan of the SRT-101 and SRT-102, but if...”

Written on: 29/05/2008 by Ratsters (1 review written)

The best Minolta has ever produce in terms of automation and program mode, lightweight, ease of use, bright viewfinder, user friendly, and very intuitive to manipulate; in combination with the Motor Drive 1, you get an excellent film camera, ready for almost any situation.

In M mode you have to take your eyes away from the viewfinder to set speed; as with any automatic and programmable camera, batteries will always be an issue, no batteries no photos.

General Comments
I'm a die-hard fan of the SRT-101 and SRT-102, but if I had to select one single manual camera, I'd go for the X-700. But then again, as I mention in the bad points, I would still carry my SRT-101, just to make sure, if the batteries fail, I could still take photos without batteries with the SRT. The same applies to digital, no batteries, no photos, so when out on a photo session, I make sure I have extra batteries, and my faithful SRT-101

• Over 1 Year

Time Camera Owned