Olympus C-200 Zoom Review

• Image Quality

George.'s review of Olympus C-200 Zoom

“Overall I am not satisfied with the value for money on...”

Written on: 16/11/2001 by George. (1 review written)

My Olympus C200 has produced good pictures overall.
Have taken about 50 pics and battery is still ok
Good Macro

Although it says ISO 100, 200, 400 it performs very bad in low light conditions with or without flash.
The clip that covers the usb and pal output ports is very delicate and will break down very soon
Haven't managed to have the software work with the camera

General Comments
Overall I am not satisfied with the value for money on the Olympus C200 digital camera and I wish I had bought the fuji 2600 that comes with rechargeable batteries, charger and 16Mb card. The camera performs poorly or fails to focus at all under low light conditions even under ISO 400. I haven't played with all the settings yet but this seems to be the case. I don't like also the fact you have to switch off the camera in order to see the pictures and / or delete them

• Image Quality

6233_Bryan.'s Response to 5937_George.'s Review

Written on: 24/11/2001

Perhaps your reviewer would be better of spending his time reading the instruction manual for the C 200. I have one and have been thoroughly impressed with it. I have a Canon Ixus and EOS and was going to choose the A20 Powershot, but after trying both cameras found the Olympus far more user friendly.
<br>
<br>By the way - if you press the menu key twice with the camera turned on you can view your images. Read the manual before making incorrect comments!

8689_Denis.'s Response to 5937_George.'s Review

Written on: 06/01/2002

you don't need to turn off the camera to see pictures, you just need to press the display button twice when you want to see or edit already taken pictures and it doesn't matter in which mode the cam. is.
<br>i believe you wont have such a bad opinion of your camera now a? bye

6281_George.'s Response to 5937_George.'s Review

Written on: 25/11/2001

Dear user, thnx for your comment, indeed I can see the images if I press the image button twice with the camera on. As I said I hadn't played with all the settings. Another thing, I would like to mention is that I contacted Olympus technical support and they told me that Camedia SW will not work with this camera because it works only with parallel port cameras. However, you can use explorer if you want to see or copy the pictures and you can also the stitch feature. Nevertheless, when you pay so much money, isn't it a bit deceiving when they supply the camera with a software that doesn't work and they know about it? And in addition they told me it's not in their intentions to make it work with USB cameras! I would appreciate it more if they said that this sw doesn't work instead of wasting my time trying to find why.