Alliance & Leicester Mini Cash ISA Review

Liberty00's review of Alliance & Leicester Mini Cash ISA

“This has to be the worst service I have received from...”

Written on: 19/05/2008 by Liberty00 (1 review written)

The interest rate at 6%

It is an internet/over the phone account and not only is it virtually impossible to speak to an operator, it charges a premium rate for calls. According to their phone operators there is no policy for calls to be answered within a specific time frame. So, it regularly takes between 8 and 20 minutes to be connected to an operator. There is no prompt to let you know how long the wait will be or where you are in the queue and I tried calling at various times during the day and in the evening. It took me four days to actually speak to an operator as I didn't have enough time to hold while I was at work. Yesterday, after a 12 minute wait to speak to an operator, the operator told me that there were no staff members available on Sundays that knew about the actual ISA accounts.... and I'd have to call back during the week.

General Comments
This has to be the worst service I have received from an internet account provider. Everything about it is a nightmare. My fault really. When I was being sold this product there was a customer in the A&L complaining that they never answered the phone when she called even if she used the branch telephone service and that the staff were rude... should have listened. As soon as the bonus is paid out I'll be moving my money.