Yemenia Airways Review

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of food

zia110's review of Yemenia Airways

“I had the opportunity to travel in this airline in...”

Written on: 14/05/2008 by zia110 (1 review written)

Food was ok.

Very poor cabin crew, worst airport (in Sanna) for transit, very poor service, poor entertainment system.

General Comments
I had the opportunity to travel in this airline in April 2008. I bought the ticket as it was the cheapest available in that time. But the service I got was horrible. The planes are OK and sometime you will have plenty of space to rest. But the cabin crews do not follow the seat number in the boarding card. So you may be forced to sit somewhere else. There is no in flight entertainment system. The headset does not work for most of the seats. So you have to practice lip reading if you want to see the movie.

The Sanna international airport is the worst airport I have seen in my life. You will certainly feel like a prison there. There is a big dirty waiting room for the transit passenger and no facility to buy food or even shop. Our transit was for 5 hours and we had to starve at that time. Strangely enough, you have to request the guards to let you in the duty free region and most of them don't understand English. The airport staffs are very rough. The connecting flights are not regular. So if you miss one, you are stuck at Sanna for 2/3 days. One of my friends has to stay at Sanna for 3 days for his connecting flight. Of course the airline provided him with the accommodation but I don't like to ruin my vacation in a strange place with little to see.

The food choice is very limited and sometime I was offered no choice. Though there were options in the menu but the cabin crews were giving whatever they want to the passengers.

They offer 40kg luggage per person but I was worried about my staff during the whole journey. Their behaviour gave me the impression that if I lose my bag, I would get no help from them. Though I was fortunate enough to get the bags but they were wet and I had to dry my cloths for warring them later.

In brief I can say that I am not going to fly on this airline again in future. You can save some money with this but at the end of the day may have to regret like me.

• April, 2008

Flight Date