Beds Direct - www.bedsdirect.com Review

daveporter's review of Beds Direct - www.bedsdirect.com

☆☆☆☆☆

“Company apologised and promised a full refund. They...”

Written on: 16/04/2008 by daveporter (1 review written)

None

Bed was delivered in a badly damaged state, it had clearly been dropped and was damaged. The packaging was also soaking wet and disintegrating.

General Comments
Company apologised and promised a full refund. They then reneged on that promise, and withheld £30. They claimed that as I had signed for the goods the damage was my fault and that the amount they had refunded was only a gesture of goodwill. They refused all requests to refund my £30. I have no bed and am £30 worse of!

Daveporter's Response to daveporter's Review

Written on: 06/05/2008

Update. After speaking to my Solicitor, he suggested I write to them giving them seven days to make a refund and if they didn't to take out an online County Court Summons. I did that and they phoned me the following day saying how sorry they were, that they were not aware of the full circumstances, and that they would refund the £30 outstanding. I had already made them very aware! However I accepted that provided they refunded the £30. They did, so I am no longer out of pocket, but I wouldn't use them again.

Sssumo's Response to daveporter's Review

Written on: 06/05/2008

Good for you Dave, most people would have just given up on the £30.
<br/>i do a lot of shopping online myself, but i'll make sure I steer clear of this company