Tom Tom One Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Guest's review of Tom Tom One

“I purchased my Tom Tom one v3 from a local shop in Jan...”

Written on: 16/04/2008

Good device IF IT EVER WORKS

General Comments
I purchased my Tom Tom one v3 from a local shop in Jan 08. Liked the Tomtom but 3/4 weeks into my purchase the TT suddenly stopped giving any voice commands. I thought it might have been a small problem - like the occasional freeze which would be fixed by a simple reset at the bottom of the TT. No luck!

Anyway, i take the sat nav back to the shop and the customer service rep tells me it needs to be sent for repairs and will take 1 week for return. Not a problem i say.

A week later I visit the shop and my TT isnt back, so im getting annoyed now. They tell me it will take 5 weeks for the unit to be returned. No replacement given. Now I m cursing myself for buying a TomTom because Garmin would have been a much better choice. They offer a new device as replacement if your satnav is sent for repairs.

5 weeks go by and I visit the shop again. They have sent a TT back but no paperwork with it! So the retailer cannot give it to me. So i wait for another day. The next day I pick the TT up, come home switch it on....have i gone deaf? I cant hear a sound? I must be deaf. No no...thankfully im not, but the TT was never fixed, they have sent back the same device! Wonderful.

I take it back to the shop, demanding a refund or a new TT (thats how desperate times are) and they cant help me. It might go back for repairs again for 5 weeks. So thats 10 possible weeks without a device i paid a lot for.

• UK

Area Covered