BT Calypso 225 Review

jenwa's review of BT Calypso 225

“The first thing that I liked about the BT Calypso 225...”

Written on: 15/04/2008 by jenwa (1 review written)

Like a mobile - easy to use.

Small buttons.

General Comments
The first thing that I liked about the BT Calypso 225 was the ability to add numbers from my mobile phone to the address book using the SIM reader. Great facility as there is no way that I can ever remember all of the mobile numbers of friends and family and I can save 200 on here.

The BT Calypso 225 has quite small keys, which I did think that I was going to regret, but I haven't miss-dialled yet so either my fingers are quite as fat as I thought they were or the keypad isn't actually that small. The button are quite fun too and 'squidgy', which I like.

I have to admit that I quite like tinkering with this phone and messing around with the different facilities as it is a bit like a mobile. You can send and receive text messages too, although when you are sent one you get a female robotic voice trying to decipher what you have written in your abbreviated text language.

My son loves the games on the phone and the fact that we can talk to his grandparents on speaker phone, which has now become a Sunday afternoon ritual whilst I prepare lunch. The keypad lock is also a great feature when I am out of the room and my son thinks that dialling random numbers is a good idea. There is also the facility to make internal calls, which is a bit like having an intercom and great when I am trying to assemble the rabble at the table for dinner and a 'page' button for when 'someone else' has walked off with the phone and can't remember where they put it down.

I am very happy with this all singing, all dancing telephone and am more than happy to recommend it.