Olympus C-1 Review

• Image Quality

Russ.'s review of Olympus C-1

“The Olympus C1 Zoom is my first digital camera for...”

Written on: 05/11/2001 by Russ. (1 review written)

Ease of use, intuitive menu system, good quality images outdoors, compact, feels well made, easy download using Windows ME/2000, Windows 98 a little harder but software easy to install and use.

Not convinved of indoor performance, no AC adapter, no rechargeable batteries, zoom a little agricultural.

General Comments
The Olympus C1 Zoom is my first digital camera for home use. I bought it with the intention of using it alongside my SLR. But since buying it the SLR hasn't seen the light of day.

I was impressed the second I took the Olympus out of the box. Its small and compact but still feels well made. The controls were very easy to learn and downloading pictures is a breeze if you are using Me/2000.

The Olympus zoom button is perfectly sited and other options are easily accessed via navigation buttons on the rear. Image quality outside is good but I'am not convinced of its indoor performance. Perhaps I need to play a bit more.

Just a couple of niggles. A little disappointed not to find rechargeable batteries included. No AC adapter and the Zoom sounds a little rough.

• Image Quality

13898_John.'s Response to 5518_Russ.'s Review

Written on: 25/02/2002

I think this review is very helpful to me