Samsung SyncMaster 940BW (Silver) LCD Monitor Review

• Quality

Guest's review of Samsung SyncMaster 940BW (Silver) LCD Monitor

“The best monitor I've ever owned, It has no 'bells and...”

Written on: 02/04/2008

Colour reproduction
Response time
Looks (nice and understated, not gaudy)
Everything....

None. I could use a few USB ports on it, but it was £120, and having evaluated 5 other models, this was easily the nicest. Oh, actually, There's sometimes a slight buzz from within the stand on a particular note from the sub-woofer, but my sub is about an inch behind it, and quite big, so most things within a meter or so have a resonant frequency style reaction....

General Comments
The best monitor I've ever owned, It has no 'bells and whistles', but was half the price of anything comparable picture-wise. I hate hardware that tries to be all shiny and 'branded'. This is just under-the-radar cool.

I've noticed other reviews saying that there's only tilt adjustment in the stand, but no height/swivel etc. All I can say is, mine has all the adjustments you could want, maybe this is a feature peculiar to Europe?

Anyway, 2 different people have seen this monitor in action at my house and then got one themselves.

• Quality