HSBC Mini Cash ISA Review

Poe Bird's review of HSBC Mini Cash ISA

“HSBC knows it can offer great customer service and an...”

Written on: 18/03/2008 by Poe Bird (1 review written)

Customer service isn't a problem at most branches or over the phone. I've never had to be more than 15 minutes to accomplish anything.

Interest rates.

General Comments
HSBC knows it can offer great customer service and an old familiar name that people recognize as a symbol of security. This may sound like a good thing, but it also means they can take advantage of peoples mistrust of other banks and building societies by giving customers like myself a low 4.75% interest rate (variable) on our ISA's. Now, you may not go for that top of the line ISA but still, most other companies can do better than that. The only one I've seen that's worse is Virgin at 4.5%. Most offer anywhere from 5.15% to 6%. The fact that the best HSBC has to offer is 5.75% even for it's valued customers is rather disappointing. I just wish I had known more about ISA's before choosing them as my first to save with, now I've lost the potential to start with another bank that offers fantastic first time rates.