Olympus C-1 Review

• Image Quality

Pete Howard.'s review of Olympus C-1

“It is my first digital camera so I cannot judge it...”

Written on: 16/10/2001 by Pete Howard. (1 review written)

Size, Zoom, LCD display, value for money.

Lens cover difficult to open.
Zoom toggle button takes a little getting used to.

General Comments
It is my first digital camera so I cannot judge it against others. However I am pleased with the picture quality.

The lens cover has nothing to get hold of to pull it open. It only has a slightly lipped edge. Consequently when trying to open the cover, instead of the force being applied laterally to slide the cover back, more force seems to be applied towards the camera face, to get the grip, to slide the cover across.

The zoom toggle switch doesn't feel very positive. It's better used with a fingernail than a fingertip.

All in all though, within minutes of opening the box & putting batteries in the back I had taken half a dozen snaps of the kitchen, the garden, and zoomed in on objects on the patio. The USB cable plugged straight into the computer, and displayed the ghost drive which allowed me to access the pictures without loading any software.

• Image Quality