Poiana Brasov, Sport Hotel Review

lyn lawrence's review of Poiana Brasov, Sport Hotel

“having skiied in europe for the last 20 years, I was...”

Written on: 21/02/2008 by lyn lawrence (1 review written)

Fantastic skiing, if a bit limited for the intermediate/advanced, but taking my 6yo meant we had a good balance, which allowed us to ski all day, the instructors even took the kids for lunch if you wished, letting us to get more skiing in.
The instructors all speak really good english (german, french etc), and go beyond their job spec!!!!!!

the hotel Sport is slightly aged shall we say, but is due to be refurbished this spring/summer!!!

General Comments
having skiied in europe for the last 20 years, I was slightly apprehensive of Romania, but I was totally surprised by the general standard, (for those who have endured Bulgaria) this is leagues above!!!!

The reps are also brill, especially there last night of fum, especially for the hospitality!!!

Overall I would return again and again as would our group of very good skiers, we did some amazing off piste skiing, which without our guide we would not have contemplated. We would advise any doubters out there to try this resort, if they keep the standards up, which I am sure as the proud romanians will, this is a serious alternative to the expensive european resorts!!!!! so they only downside the hotel, which is going to be upgraded!!!! Thanks for the fun x