Ibanez GB10 Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

gwarn's review of Ibanez GB10

“I was the guitarist in a UK Jazz Soul group called...”

Written on: 21/02/2008 by gwarn (1 review written)

Beautifully styled and crafted. Excellent fret feel and playability. Very very good tonal control.

Ooh!! the feedback on stage and even worse on studio gigs. I had to always pre-warn engineers if this guitar was being used. It was a nightmare to tackle and cure. Would even feedback at very low volume. Can sometimes be a pain to stay in tune especially in winter.

General Comments
I was the guitarist in a UK Jazz Soul group called 52nd Street. I bought this guitar with my first advance cheque from A&M Records in 1983 on New York's West 48th Street. I still have it in my collection and occasionally use it on jazz sessions. As beautiful as this guitar is, it can let you down if not careful. It does not like cold weather. The truss rod in the neck is terribly sensitive to temperatures and the guitar will not stay in tune until normalised. Normalisation can take up to (believe me) 2 days in winter. My good old trusted EMG customised Fender Telecaster saved my bacon on many r&b and jazz gigs and sessions. But like a good mother or wonderful wife you always go back home for the best food!!

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard