VOIP Talk www.voiptalk.org Review

• Ease of Set Up

• Voice Clarity

• Connection

anthonyfca's review of VOIP Talk www.voiptalk.org

“The difference between using my router with a standard...”

Written on: 30/01/2008 by anthonyfca (1 review written)

when it works it's great, clear, reliable,cheap (.5p/min - half a penny) from Switzerland to UK - 1P/min the other way. My rating of 8 is based on being permanently registered; with occasional registration I don't rate them at all; I understand they are working on it so test it and see, certainly they are improving.

Until I ran it via the voip section of my router it was awful, constant problems. Eventually I was allocated special support and things improved but never really made it, until using the router approach.

General Comments
The difference between using my router with a standard pots analogue phone and a dedicated voip wifi handset is the first remains permanently "registered" and the second registers on and off all the time.

Seems to me that the tech problems are all connected with "registration". Constant registration works fine all the time, occasional registration screws up the system.

Throw in user error on set up sometimes and it's a recipe for unreliability. In the beginning I experienced every problem, Dropped calls, incoming call timeouts, bad quality, etc etc Hard to know if it's user error or technical trouble.

Now it's ok.

The £9.99/month "all calls inclusive" deal does not seem to be attractive to UK telephone users.

• No, it's pay as you go

Free