Isle Of Man, House of Manannan Review

willtheman45's review of Isle Of Man, House of Manannan

“I must admit I DIDN'T actually get in the House of...”

Written on: 25/01/2008 by willtheman45 (20 reviews written)

-It looks brilliant

-Didn't get in!
-Unfriendly staff
-Not being let in BEFORE last admission!

General Comments
I must admit I DIDN'T actually get in the House of Manannan. But this review will explain why.

If I had gone in the rating may have been 10 out of 10 as it looks brilliant. Unfortunately we didn't get in... wanna know why? read on to find out why I noly gave it 5 out of 10.

We were in peel and after visiting the castle(v.good!) we decided to visit the House of Manannan . It was 3.30 it closes at 5.00 last admission is 4.00. we are members of English Heritage so we got entry in here free-yay!

We go there . Show our cards. Person on desk says,

"You can't go in."

We are gombsmacked and peeved off-I'd been desperately trying to go here(I was six at the time-it was the highlight of the holiday!(Well-the trains were and the fact it's the Island of Sodor in Thomas-loved that!)

We ask why.

He says it isn't worth it. You need about one and a half hours to get around.

We say last admission is 4.00 not 3.30. He says I'm only helping you. We say we really want to go in and say we'll get out in time and want at least to look at some of it.

His defence-its a waste of your money.

we say-we get in free throygh EH.

He says you still have pay for that.

We finally ask if we can get in.

He says no.

We storm off with me in tears.

Thanks for that guy for ruining my day.

P.S: I would not recommened this because technically Iv'e never been in.

• Unknown

Date of visit (month/year)

• All ages