Twycross Zoo, Atherstone Twycross Zoo Review

willtheman45's review of Twycross Zoo, Atherstone Twycross Zoo

“Well I can safely say Twycross Zoo is one of my...”

Written on: 24/01/2008 by willtheman45 (20 reviews written)

.Spacious enclosures for animals
- Lots of very funny monkeys!
-Wide range of animals
-Good size
-Brilliant tropical house

-Cafe ok but not brill-like most!

General Comments
Well I can safely say Twycross Zoo is one of my favourite zoos now. Its not huge but its a good size which is good because all the big attractions are in a reasonable distance. There were lots of monkeys some of which I had never heard of in good ecnlosures with lots of play things. Loved the elephants who were in a simply excellent enclosure as well as the selaions-some of the features in their enclosure were fantastic! I also liked the leopards-beautiful and in a cracking enclosure. The tropical house was a wonderful creation and it was great with lots of free animals!!!

The cafes were self-service the food was quite good however it was not the best. There are three cafes.

There are tow shops one large, one small we went in the samll one it had a good range of stock but itr was a little dear (aren't they all!)

There is a kiddies area with some nice rides and crazy gold as well as a lovely little railway which costs a pound.

Prices are around eight pound for an adult which I think is very reasonable and it is open from 10am-5.30pm (I THINK!)

Parking is free

really good day out will be going again!

• June 2007

Date of visit (month/year)

• All ages