Vauxhall Omega 2.5 CD Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Guest's review of Vauxhall Omega 2.5 CD

“This is my 2nd Omega estate, my 1st was a 98 (s)CDX...”

written by on 16/01/2008

Massive load area even with rear seats up, smooooth engine (V6). Solid feel to the whole car, loads of car for very little money, looks smart without being brash, drives better than most estates,and some saloons!

Can't think of any I love this car.

General Comments
This is my 2nd Omega estate, my 1st was a 98 (s)CDX 2.5. I only kept it for about 2 months. It had oil cooler failure so was returned to the place it was bought from, but despite its problems it had found a place in my heart, the only problem was now where could I get another one. 2 days later I found a 99(t) on a forecourt as a trade in, it was bright red, not my first choice of colour,(the CDX was dark grey). This was a 2.5 CD auto, the first drive convinced me that there was more wrong with the first car than I had thought, this one drove completely differently. Everything was tighter and it felt 10 years newer, it only had 3000 less miles on the clock. I have run this car now for about 8 months. So far it's had a new crankshaft position sensor fitted, and has given no signs of being unreliable, I use it every day, and have taken the family on holiday, driving 689 miles in 2 weeks. It has been quiet, comfortable and quite economical I cannot fault this car it does everything I need a car to do. If only the CDX was as good in the first place, then I'd have a sunroof as well!

• 1999

Year Manufactured