Football Manager 2008 (PC) Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

MickeyDrink's review of Football Manager 2008 (PC)

“A good tip for instant success when running a...”

Written on: 03/01/2008 by MickeyDrink (7 reviews written)

Once again Sports Interactive in conjunction with Sega,have consigned myself and countless others to another seasons worth of losing friends and loved ones to the tractor beam like pull of this superb addictive game.My girlfriends chatter about her working day and nail appointments melt into a glorious mush of nothingness on reaching my unlistening ears,I turn offer a smile and agree with whatever it was she said before returning to steer my latest Team to glory.My face grinning contentedly as i bask in the glow of the fixture list.The game offers limitless possibilities and scenarios, too many for a mere addict like myself to describe.Trust me if you like management sims this is Da Bomb.

The fact that i cannot stay awake indefinitely and have to tear myself away from the screen to feed,sleep/pass out through fatigue.The game also this year seems to disallow goals on a more frequent basis than before.This should not dis sway potential buyers from investing a paltry Twenty Odd buff in this Gem of a series.

General Comments
A good tip for instant success when running a league.Take over a smaller club i.e Droylsden and then as a second player take over at say Chelsea. You can then offer huge amounts of Chelsea's transfer budget for an unwanted Droylsden reserve player.Then when the transfer goes through simply retire from Chelsea and focus on taking your small team through the divisions bankrolled by Romans millions.Repeat this process as and when necessary to top up funds.Not that I ever use this method you understand!

• Graphics