Toyota Yaris 1.4 D4D TR Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

davidhaugh's review of Toyota Yaris 1.4 D4D TR

“My biggest gripe with this car is it's cornering, it...”

Written on: 29/12/2007 by davidhaugh (4 reviews written)

Relativly cheap to buy.
Low tax band (£35 for the year).
i'm getting 62mpg.
7 cup holders! (2 of which I think are useless if the car is moving).
Fast
Safe (9 airbags and a five star crash rating)
Should be very realiable.

Tiny pedals.
Lots of storage spaces but most are all far to small too put things into.
The 2 In-dash drink holders are too shallow (ie your bottle of coke will happily fly towords you if you hit a bump).
I think the car just dosen't feel right going into corners.

General Comments
My biggest gripe with this car is it's cornering, it has loads of grip even with the standard tyres but it constantly FEELS like its going to understeer, the older yaris had the same problem but neither cars have ever actually slid out on me.

On a brighter note it's cheap compared to it's rivals when you consider the spec your getting as standard, I worked out a 1.4 deisel volkswagon polo would cost over £2000 more than the yaris if you upgraded it to the same spec.
And if this car is anything like previous Toyota diesels it should run for very long time, my dad's a mechanic and I've seen countless avensis mini cabs pass though the workshop with over 500,000 miles on the clock and not a single enging or gearbox problem, they only ever come in to get the oil changed and thats it! Now thats realiable.

All in all though I would recommed this car, it's cheap to buy, cheap to run, should last forever and is very practical.

• 2007

Year Manufactured