Olympus C-200 Zoom Review

• Image Quality

Justin OMahony.'s review of Olympus C-200 Zoom

“This is my first digital camera and I am really...”

Written on: 20/09/2001 by Justin OMahony. (1 review written)

Compact size, easy to use features, excellent picture quality, uploading of pictures to computer no problem with the USB lead supplied.

Definitely needs rechargeable batteries, normal batteries don't last five minutes.

General Comments
This is my first digital camera and I am really pleased with it. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of buying it from Jessops rather than this site and this is not a mistake I shall be making again as the Jessops price is around £40 more for the same camera with none of the added extras that this site provides.

That said my first real use of the camera was last week whilst up in Scotland and it performed admirably even when climbing Ben Nevis in appalling weather and I was able to get some excellent pictures. I also used the zoom facility and the panoramic view feature to get all of the mountain in my picture. Using the movie feature enabled me to record my ascent up the mountain and the bleak landscape around me and also enabled me to show anyone watching the movie afterwards the dismal weather conditions whilst I was there.

Picture uploading to computer using the USB lead supplied is straightforward even for a novice and in conclusion I am really pleased with the camera and look forward to its use for a long long time.

• Image Quality