Callaway Big Bertha Hawkeye Review

4.3

indecisive's review of Callaway Big Bertha Hawkeye

“I love my Callaway Hawkeye, I've had it for a couple...”

written by indecisive on 29/11/2007

Callaway know what they are doing and produce great golf clubs, always have done

It can take a while to get used to.

General Comments
I love my Callaway Hawkeye, I've had it for a couple of years and my driving has got better and better. I always struggled to hit drivers but for some reason this one is different. Its got a smaller face compared to others, i.e. Pings that look like woks; so you don't really feel like you hitting a driver, even off the deck I can get this airborne and true!

It can take a while to get used to. For some reason I found that if I really lash at it I can hit is miles but inaccurate (good trick at the driving range but not on a course). A nice, steady, even tempo swing will generally get the ball as far down the fairway as in my friends bags.

I had been recommended Callaways a long time before taking the plunge and I never look back. There are of course (excuse the pun) ones out there with newer technology, special this and that but I find that this can just get in the way of playing a good round, a bit gimmicky and lets face it if you're off scratch then fine but for a player such as myself, 16 handicap, its best just to keep it simple and enjoy the game without looking in to technology too much.

Learn to play the game properly before learning about the technology behind the game. As these are quite old they can be picked up pretty cheaply nowadays.

I know many people who spend thousands on clubs they cant hit and might just have well saved their money. The clubs don't make the player.