Apple iPod Nano - 5th Gen Review

JamesMX6's review of Apple iPod Nano - 5th Gen

“This is the second Nano I have had. The sound is great...”

Written on: 20/11/2007 by JamesMX6 (1 review written)

Stylish, Slim, bright screen, ease of use.

Poor Interface (I-Tunes), Reliability, Durability, Non-existent customer service!

General Comments
This is the second Nano I have had. The sound is great with a decent pair of headphones, and I love the way it looks, and its ease of use.

Unfortunately the good points are more than outweighed by the bad.

This is the second one I have had that has corrupted, I'm normally very careful about how I connect and disconnect from the pc, but it seems that just blowin on the nano is enough to corrupt it!

I-tunes must take a lot of the blame, it really is a shoddy piece of software.

It works or often doesn't work with the I-Pod nano.

It often takes several attempts to get I-Tunes to recognize the nano is there, when it does the PC crawls to a halt and everything slows down to the pace of a snail.

(I have 1.5gb of memory on the pc and no other apps open).

Also on several occasions it has wiped all of the music from the nano, meaning I have had to start from scratch. Even worse it has a tendency to keel over and die when reloading more than several songs in one go.

Latest disaster, device not recognized, I-Pod does not have the latest software, yet when I check the I-Pod, it says software up to date.

I tunes is hardly the most intuitive of programmers to start with, and when things go wrong its like bashing your head against a brick wall!

As for customer service, don't get me started, what customer service more like!

Luckily I bought from John lewis, who sorted for me, yet it still took 2+weeks to get my first one replaced.

I won't be buying another, I'll probably get a Zen or a Sony.