Manifone International Calling Solution Review

• Reliability

• Extra Features

baxidecat's review of Manifone International Calling Solution

“How it works: ”

Written on: 12/11/2007 by baxidecat (1 review written)

See "General Comments" to find out how the service works.

Think I like about it:
- Fast, straight forward sign up
- No monthly, setup or hidden fees, no requirements
- Pay as you go, they take PayPal and major CCs
- More comfortable to use than access numbers
- Works with all networks and phones

- Only 4 Direct Numbers are available currently in the UK, but more are planned, as far as I know.
- No live customer support, only email & voicemail

General Comments
How it works:

Manifone is not a one-size-fits-all voip solution. But it does a decent job in the following scenario:

If I have a handful of people abroad that I need to call on a regular basis. Especially if I have no other choice but to use my mobile phone. I call one of Manifone's Direct Numbers in the UK to reach the remote destination I assigned. Direct Numbers are plain 020 London numbers, and if I call them, they ring directly at the preset remote destination. It is basically like assigning UK numbers to your friends abroad, without even letting them know. It saves money for you, won't ask to change the way you place calls, and that's all that really matters.

The cost:

I have 2 cost components:

1) The call from my mobile or home phone to the London direct number (included in my minutes or billed by my operator as any other call to London)

2) International part of the call, billed by Manifone according to their rates (starting at 2p a minute).

Add the two, and you'll still likely be saving a nice chunk.

• Reliability