Planet Fitness Review

HeatherZ's review of Planet Fitness

“This Planet Fitness location took over a decent World...”

Written on: 09/11/2007 by HeatherZ (1 review written)

Cost, Opened early on weekends

"Judgment free zone" is a lie, they asked members to leave that were in too good of shape, as they were "intimidating". Promote unhealthy eating such as "pizza night and bagel morning" once a month. Removed good equipment. "Lunk alarm" for grunting and dropping weights was abused. They do not welcome any member feedback.

General Comments
This Planet Fitness location took over a decent World Gym near Clearwater, FL. First they began by removing all the heavy dumbbells, well, I could live with that being female and all. Then some leg machines disappeared, next to go was the pull-up bars. When I complained about the pull-up bars, I was told "80% of the population can't do even one pull-up" and that pull-up bars were intimidating to their "target population". It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that their 'target population' is what I call the "come to the gym to read the paper and chit chat crowd". Never in my life have I seen a gym monthly offer 'pizza night' and 'bagel morning'. When I did complain, both at the local gym and to corporate online about the removal of equipment I did use, I received no feedback other than the comment about target population from the front desk guy. I also knew of members who had the "lunk alarm" rang on them when weight stacks got stuck together and crashed - equipment problem not the user... The manager was very rude to members and has a horrible reputation for his 'tactics' in ridding of members he didn't want there. I am so glad to be out of the place. Not recommended to anyone who is or wants to be in great shape.