Homelite Timberman 45 18 Review

thetruemystic's review of Homelite Timberman 45 18

“I know many people say that only Stihls are good...”

Written on: 18/10/2007 by thetruemystic (1 review written)

The Homie 45 (also known as Ryobi 4545) has a strong engine 45 cc. It starts very easy (zip start decompression valve). The choke as a automatic choke function that works well. The saw accellerates good, has a nice exhaust sound both at idle and top speed.

I find the bar to be a bit weak sideways. The cowling is cheap plastic, and looks and feels a bit cheapy, compared to my old workhorse Homie 330 with magnesium all around.

General Comments
I know many people say that only Stihls are good enough. They are probably right. But when i hired a professional to cut down some trees after a storm he came with a Stihl. But, the Stihl would not run. So i had to get my old 330 from the shed. Some fresh gas and wroaaar... 53 cc and close to 4 hp. The professional spoke highly about my saw, the only thing he complained about was i insisted he was to run 16:1 gasmix. it smokes, but it saved my saw when the intake boot ripped.

So... Homie rules!