Olympus OM4ti Review

• Photograph Quality

Kraut.'s review of Olympus OM4ti

“I Bought my Olympus Om 4 in 1986 in Germany, This...”

Written on: 19/08/2001 by Kraut. (1 review written)

spot measureing,Interchangeable screens,wide range of lenses
wide range of accesories for medical,geologie,Macro and sport fotographie,long exposer up to 4 minutes

eats batteries

General Comments
I Bought my Olympus Om 4 in 1986 in Germany, This camera allowed me to take professional pictures. The main feature is that it can have a long term exposer from up to four minutes, that allowed me to take pics of the niagara falls at night I just placed the camera and clicked each picture took aprox. 3 minutes to take with an asa 64 slide film the outcome was perfect. It has all the features i want. The spot metering came in handy several times too when I took Pics on the Mountains with my 16 mm fisheye. the feature that I can change the screens is also somthing I make a use of to make focusing easier.

This is not a camera for the person who only takes the odd family picture and is not sure if it is or not focused. this camera is for people who still like to have some influence on the outcome of the pictures because no automatic camera knows what to do in every situation and I do not need autofocus nor do i want to be limited by a small choice of lenses. in 16 years it broke once due to the mist in the air at the niagara falls. I'm still happy with it and I would never sell or replace it with something other then an OM 4TI.

Odessey's Response to 3565_Kraut.'s Review

Written on: 19/11/2003

i also own an original om4 since 1984 , time after time it given excellent pictures. This camera lets you 'paint' with light as photography should be. The metering system is the best giving you full control over quality. I havn't found any other camera to match it yet! This is not a automatic gimick computer camera but a pure working machine made in solid metal.