Yemenia Airways Review

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of food

abz2005's review of Yemenia Airways

“I'm Yemeni myself so thought I'd try out the Yemenia...”

Written on: 09/09/2007 by abz2005 (1 review written)

Big plane, hardly any passengers so can sit where you want.

Service at all stages

General Comments
I'm Yemeni myself so thought I'd try out the Yemenia (always flew royal Jordanian which i highly recommend)

It was one big joke from start to finish.

Check in was an absolute nightmare as there were plenty of Yemenis with way too much luggage than they're supposed to take, then they argued with the check in staff about having to pay for excess luggage, but the argument is not just with the passenger and the check in attendant, its with the passengers whole family, the person behind them in the queue and the taxi driver that brought them to the airport.

When I flew yemenia i would say the plane could hold between 250/300 passengers, when i asked flight attendant where my seat was she said, sit where ever you want theres only 70 passengers on this flight so i had the 4 centre seats too myself which was nice.
Would say the food was nice too, shame about the flight staff speak limited English (English is my first language), the flight was comfortable enough, don't know about the entertainment i was asleep for most of the flight and when i was awake i was reading my book.

Landing in Yemen was a total nightmare, you could say a free for all, my lock was broken and suitcase opened before it was put on the luggage reclaim carousel no point in arguing i can categorically guarantee nothing will happen.

The only reason i chose yemenia that time was because it was a direct flight from London Heathrow to Aden Yemen, that has been stopped now, it now flies from London Heathrow to Sa'na Yemen (so you have to go through 2 Yemeni airports thanks but no thanks.)

There are other airlines that will take you to Yemen for a cheaper price and better service.

Use this airline at your own risk, you have been warned!

• 02/2006