The Bourne Identity Identity & The Bourne Supremacy Boxset Review

From 1 review

Franky Baby's review of The Bourne Identity Identity & The Bourne Supremacy Boxset

“I bought the boxset of The Bourne Identity and The...”

Written on: 23/08/2007 by Franky Baby (30 reviews written)

Action packed, superb story and Bourne is a true action hero!

Perhaps a little inconclusive, but there's a sequel. Stressful at times... all part of the fun though!

General Comments
I bought the boxset of The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy as I hadn't seen either and there's been all this to-do about the new one so I though what the hell? Why not have Bourne marathon!

Well, I wasn't disappointed. The Bourne Identity follows the story of Jason Bourne, an assassin with amnesia who, while literally on a journey of self discovery, is coincidentally being hunted down by officials. He doesn't know who, what or why... all he knows is he needs to save himself, and fast. Cue the car chases, the fight scenes and of course the bit with the girl..

The sequel is basically more of the same, the plot unfolds but we still don't find out much about his true identity. There's some superb scenes as Bourne faces various enemies.. including one where he manages to escape custody, take out two officers and tap the phone lines in a matter of minutes! I actually found myself attracted to Matt Damon at some points in this movie... despite not being his biggest fan before watching it.

Well all I have to say is if you're one of the five remaining people that hasn't seen these films, watch them! I cannot wait to go and see The Bourne Ultimatum and find out if Bourne ever really does discover who he is!

Jason Bourne is like everything James Bond wants to be and isn't! Quicker, slicker and downright cool.

• Matt Damon

Starring Actor/Actress

• DVD

Where Did You See It?

Emza2511's Response to Franky Baby's Review

Written on: 24/08/2007

Great review, I've seen the Bourne Identity but never got round to watching the Bourne Supremacy and now the ultimatum is out at the cinema, looks like I've got some catching up to do !