French Bulldog Review

Julie Harper's review of French Bulldog

“Finding Piggy-Wu was the best decision I have made in...”

Written on: 18/08/2007 by Julie Harper (1 review written)

Piggy-Wu is half Frenchie half pug. She is an absolute joy to have about. She is very tolerant of my daughter's male Chihuahua, who can be a bit snappish with her. Her facial expressions are so comical and sweet! She is mischievous and fun-loving, but not hyper and yappy, as some smaller breeds can be. In fact, she has a calming influence with Leo, the Chihuahua. We also have Siamese cats, with whom she gets along with; although one of them isn't very nice to her at times. She walks well on a harness; several short walks per day. She loves everyone she sees and vice versa.

Piggy-Wu, as her name states, is a chow hound, and the only time she snaps at Leo is when there's food involved! She can be a bit stubborn, but her need to please over-rides this. I cannot think of anything else to be considered bad points about her.

General Comments
Finding Piggy-Wu was the best decision I have made in a long while. I don't know if being a French Bulldog cross-breed has anything to do with her lovely nature..? I have thoroughly researched Frenchies and pugs, and I seem to have run across the best of both worlds in Piggy-Wu. She is fawn with a black mask, and she has pug ears and a single curl tail. Her muzzle is not so flat as a pug - more squarish - like a Frenchie, therefore her breathing is easier, and I don't anticipate any complications later on (as can sometimes occur in pugs).

I would recommend the breed to anyone...although each person must take into consideration their own personality, prior commitments, and time and space before a decision is made on the particular breed that is right for them.