La Redoute www.redoute.co.uk Review

aliasone's review of La Redoute www.redoute.co.uk

☆☆☆☆☆

“I encountered La Redoute many years ago, and thought...”

Written on: 18/08/2007 by aliasone (1 review written)

None

Horrible stench when opening the sealed packages

General Comments
I encountered La Redoute many years ago, and thought very little of the quality. I thought they may have changed, but if anything it's worse. I wish I had come to Review Centre before placing my order. I ordered 2 tunics and one pair of trousers (sale prices). 1 tunic was not in stock, but I have not been charged. The package arrived in about 5 days, which is fine. The first thing which struck me was the horrible stench when opening the sealed packages. It's hard to describe - a strong musty/smokey odour! The other tunic was missing, despite the order stating "complete" and my card charged. The trousers had a small but clearly visible (especially on white trousers) orange/brown stain on the back seam, so needless to say these will be returned. In addition, the trousers were a very poor fit despite being a size larger than I usually take quite comfortably (I had originally intended them to be a very loose fit!). I have contacted customer services via email, and I will also be sending a letter (together with a copy of my delivery note) regarding the missing item, and I hope to obtain a refund. Wish me luck. Once again a very disappointing experience.

I have not bothered to open the enclosed catalogue and I will not be shopping with them again.

• 2 x Tunics 1 x Trousers, £50