Dolcis Review

1.6
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

pauldaly's review of Dolcis

“I took a pair of my son's shoes back to Dolcis after a...”

written by pauldaly on 14/05/2007

None

Customer service style, which is still in the 1970's

General Comments
I took a pair of my son's shoes back to Dolcis after a week of wearing them. The sole was hanging off one shoe. I was told by the manageress that I had failed to protect the leather, as leather is not waterproof. My wife, who bought them, was not informed that she should do this to prolong the shoes' life beyond one week. As a gesture of goodwill (!!) she said she would exchange them, but would not give me a refund. As I did not want the same thing to happen again, I insisted on a refund, but she refused. I took the shoes away, and I am now pursuing my money back, plus compensation for time spent by letter and small claims.

I went to 3 other shoe shops and asked what they would do in the same situation. They all said that they would have given a full refund. No wonder Dolcis is losing hundreds of thousands of pounds per year. Their customer service style is still in the 1970's!

• Boys School Shoes

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Wigz's Response to pauldaly's Review

Written on: 10/09/2007

I disagree with this review because the customer service is not still in the 70's. Just from a one-off bad experience with Dolcis, you can not brand an entire company as having bad customer service.

Parkesd's Response to pauldaly's Review

Written on: 26/01/2009

I object to the comment "customers service being in the 70s" I managed for Dolcis in the 70s and this is not something that would have happened then. Managers and staff were well trained and if a complaint could not be satisfactory resolved in the shop it would be resolved by head office. It was very rare that this was needed though and I cannot remember having to use head office to resolve a problem in all the years that I managed one of their shops. Customers should remember though that shoes take a pounding under their weight and maybe some of these complaints are not justified. Someone once said that if people walked on their heads they would soon complain about their hats.