Need For Speed: Carbon (PS2) Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

11Rory11's review of Need For Speed: Carbon (PS2)

“Hey, Need for Speed is one of my favourite racing game...”

Written on: 27/03/2007 by 11Rory11 (2 reviews written)

Great cars, sharp graphics, awesome world map and very good cutscenes.

No Drag races! Drift races aren't as good as in Underground, general track layout is getting old.

General Comments
Hey, Need for Speed is one of my favourite racing game series of all time! Only equaled by Burnout and Midnight Club, I'll divide this review into a few sections:

Graphics

Gameplay

Customization

Sound

Amount of fun

First up is graphics! Please enjoy my review...

Graphics: 9/10

I am really impressed with the graphics in this game, everything looks sharp, and at the same time has great colours. I am only playing it on the PS2 and I'm pretty impressed, it will be even better when i get my Xbox 360 later this year.

The only negative thing about graphics, is that it has borrowed from previous Need for Speed titles and just made everything have better textures and all. I'd give the graphics a 10 if i hadn't played Need for Speed Underground.... Most Wanted etc.

Gameplay: 9/10

I really enjoy the gameplay in Need for Speed Carbon! One of the best things is able to jump to events via the world map, it's always great to have a police chase once in a while too. The object of the game is to claim territory from the other street racing gangs. The city is divided into many sections, once you claim a few, all in the same gangs territory, you will face the leader of that area. I think thats a unique way to set the storyline for a racing game, the real objective carries over from Need for Speed Most Wanted. But i won't give away too much!!

Customization: 8.5/10

My favourite feature of the game is the ability to customize your car, there are a lot of different designs of all different parts to chose from. Along with the good graphics, it's easy to enjoy personalising your car from paint to exhaust tips. I would be more impressed if there were more body kit parts though...

Sound: 8.5/10

The sound is great, the rumble of car engines and nitrous oxide hissing sound nice and sharp, and the voices sound nice and real! I don't take a lot of notice of the music so i can't really comment on that. But at least it's not too repetitive and boring.

Fun to be had: 10/10

Any racing fan will love this! Even people who haven't played other Need for Speed games will like the sleek graphics and fun gameplay. I advise you to buy it or even rent it!!

_____________________

Anyway that's my review finished, thanks for reading and please leave a comment. I hope you liked it.

-Rory