Kuredu Island Resort, Lhaviyani Atoll Review

Rattu's review of Kuredu Island Resort, Lhaviyani Atoll

“From the moment we got to Male we knew we were in...”

Written on: 12/03/2007 by Rattu (1 review written)

Everything in Kuredu.

None.

General Comments
From the moment we got to Male we knew we were in paradise. As this was our honeymoon, the staff on Kuredu tried extra hard to make it special for us. The seaplane transfer is a must and you should not miss out on the opportunity to see the beauty from above. Once we got to the Island we were given a cold towel and ice-cold drinks, which was perfect. Once checked in, we went to our Jacuzzi Beach Villa and we were totally in love with the room and the Jacuzzi area. The setting in the room is fantastic and the honeymoon decor on the bed made it even more special. We were allowed to eat in the Sangu restaurant where the food is much better than the Bonthi and the Komas restaurants. You get designated tables for your entire stay. In the Sangu restaurant you are allowed to sit where you like, we even sat on the beach at night and had a candle lit dinner, it was very romantic. There are many activities for you to do during your stay, myself and my wife did parasailing which was a blast, speedboating, dolphin safari, a desert island excursion and the night fishing, which is a definite must. Night times can be a little boring but there is entertainment in the Babuna bar to try and liven the evening up. There was entertainment such as crab racing, a live band, quiz night and pool chipping. Weather was perfect, no rain at all, which made our stay even better. Another thing you must do is have a massage in the Spa, totally excellent, I was so relaxed I fell asleep. There is also a tennis court, football pitch and golf course to make sure you don't get bored. Nearly forgot, you will see the amazing baby sharks swimming close to the beach, don't be afraid just sit back and enjoy the view. You must do snorkelling, my wife never did it and she missed out, luckily I didn't! Overall, Kuredu Island is the best place in the world and I will be going back next year.

Ricky and Jas

Raynebow's Response to Rattu's Review

Written on: 16/04/2008

My partner and I are also going to Kuredu for our honeymoon in March next year, so it is very reassuring to get such positive feedback from people who have been there the same time of year we will be going. Again, because it will be our honeymoon we naturally want it to be magical and something we will remember forever.

Degbert's Response to Rattu's Review

Written on: 16/04/2008

Good comments - Kuredu is fabulous, especially Sanghu end of the island (though it's all nice). We were lucky enough to have a Water Villa which was fantastic, but the Jacuzzi idea seems great too.
Try the snorkelling if you can - you can hire the stuff there. The stuff you can see is amazing and the sea is so warm anyway, you would be missing out if you didn't.
I would go every year if I could...