Dolcis Review

1.6
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

decoded's review of Dolcis

“When I returned a LEAKING shoe to Dolcis in the...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by decoded on 20/02/2007

Realising NEVER to shop at Dolcis again and being able to warn others about the stores.

Terrible staff attitude
Nightmare to return FAULTY shoes.
Not that cheap.

General Comments
When I returned a LEAKING shoe to Dolcis in the Wakefield Ridings branch, the smarmy manager told me that shoes were not waterproof unless they were hiking boots. She than accused me of walking through deep puddles which could have caused the leak. Not once did she take me seriously, but treated me like a kid who likes to jump about in the rain. After questioning her answer, the other members of staff backed up her reply and said that their shoes also leak in heavy rain. The manager also had the cheek to say she could take my (1 week old) shoes away for water testing, and not once offered an exchange. I certainly will not be supporting Dolcis again and recommend other people to make their own minds up by reading the other negative reviews.

• shoes £45

• Layout of shop

Written on: 25/02/2007

I don't see how you can give the Dolcis store a mark of 3 out of 10 for store layout. It seems that you have marked low on all categories because you did not get what you desired on this occasion. You also did not mention if you were sold this pair of shoes as a waterproof pair, or what materials they were made out of. I can only assume that they were a pair of leather shoes, and they must have absorbed water due to the nature of the skin, and thus you probably did not take the store up on the offer of purchasing some rain protecting product at the point of the original purchase. (I hope my comment does not come across as smarmy).

Written on: 07/03/2007

Sorry to burst your bubble Gav, as I'm not a leggy blonde with an amazing figure who likes to wear wellies.
<br/>
<br/>Yes, I&#039;m just an average looking Yorkshire guy who like to moan about faulty shoes and even though we are tough in the North, we unfortunately find wet feet uncomfortable.
<br/>
<br/>Maybe if everyone in the world did wear wellies, the world would be a better place?

Written on: 02/03/2007

I hope you don&#039;t think I was trying to crack on to you!
<br/>
<br/>I naturally thought you was a women because I can&#039;t believe a yorkshire man would moan about WET FEET. I thought they bred you tough up there and it was us southerners that were soft.

Written on: 01/03/2007

Thanks again for your speedy response Gav!
<br/>
<br/>I also have enjoyed that banter, and it made me chuckle to hear your wellington joke. ;o)
<br/>Life can be so boring at times and things that brighten it up should be regarded as special in my opinion.
<br/>
<br/>I&#039;m glad you came clean about working for Dolcis, as it was obvious how you seemed to defend the store.
<br/>
<br/>I understand how it may upset you to see negative reviews, but I really was cheesed off by that manager in Wakefield.
<br/>I wanted just a simple refund or replacement and didn&#039;t expect any hassle at all. I walked out of the shop more shocked than angry with her attitiude.
<br/>
<br/>When I took the same shoes back to Leeds (White Rose) the response was much better and the lady kindly offered a replacement. I can&#039;t understand why Wakefield had to be so hostile?
<br/>
<br/>I have used Dolcis for many years, but after this incident I won&#039;t take the risk and will purchased from a shop that I know has good refund policies.
<br/>
<br/>I&#039;m not normally a negative person, but felt I had to let other people know what I experienced in case someone else might have the same problem. No-one should have had to put up with the remarks I got, when the shoe was faulty.
<br/>
<br/>Hopefully Dolcis will re-train their staff and in the future offer more improved cutomer service.
<br/>
<br/>By the way Gav, I am a man not a woman! I think you thought I was a woman all the time, he he.

Written on: 28/02/2007

I need to own up and say yes, I do work for dolcis, but only as a foot soldier.
<br/>I stumbled across this site a couple of months ago and I also have to admit it makes depressing reading and shows dolcis in an extremely bad light, however there is light at the end of the tunnel as I do not know if you are aware but dolcis was sold by the company (alexon) that owned them at the beginning of the year. and I believe it is a top priority of the new owners to re train and re educate the staff and management, which can only be a good thing. They are also undergoing a re-branding programme currently to update the image and appearance of the stores. So if I can suggest you don&#039;t lose faith in the brand dolcis but put it on hold for a few months revisit us and then comment on the new look and feel to the stores.
<br/>
<br/> I do also need to say I have enjoyed the last couple of comments from youself and I hope you felt it was in good banter, as this was what I intended it to be. In the meantime if your wellies begin to leak may I suggest you move down south where I live as we are still on a hose pipe ban and officially in drought season. Once again thanks for your comments and we hope to see you in the summer to purchase some sandals.

Written on: 27/02/2007

Well, you are sarcastic as well as smarmy !!
<br/>
<br/>It makes doing a genuine review all the more pleasurable to hear from upset people in the retail business.
<br/>
<br/>I better go and put my wellies on now, off for a stroll in the rain!
<br/>Bye

Written on: 26/02/2007

Such a quick reply. I would like to congratulate you on going 30+ years with dry feet. You must tell us where you do buy your shoes from? You're not that lady that walks around Yorkshire in Wellington boots all the time, are you?

Written on: 25/02/2007

Thanks for your comments and it&#039;s obvious you have something to do with Dolcis or retail to defend the store.
<br/>
<br/>To be honest, I found the layout of the store to be cramped and lacked the space I normally like in a store. This constantly caused me to move for other customers to let them pass by, and also made me feel to hot and uncomfortable.
<br/>That is why I gave a low mark in this area.
<br/>
<br/>Yes, the shoes were leather, and in all my 30+ years of owning leather shoes, never have I had a pair that leak when walking in rain. Ok, if you stand in a deep puddle long enough it may soak in, but for general usage. No way!
<br/>
<br/>In the end I took the shoes back to the Leeds White Rose branch, where the manager agreed that the shoes shouldn&#039;t leak and offered a replacement instantly, so no you don&#039;t have to buy a product to make them waterproof!
<br/>The products probably just stop the leather looking marked or dis-coloured.
<br/>
<br/>This whole experiance has put me off the Dolcis chain and I will use another shop in future that doesn&#039;t give any grief for a genuine return. I just thought I would advise others what experience I had, and yes I think you are smarmy!