Jack Russell Terrier Review

lazzer r1's review of Jack Russell Terrier

“I lived with one of these dogs for 3 years, and I did...”

Written on: 28/01/2007 by lazzer r1 (19 reviews written)

Small
Easy to groom

If not trained properly, can be vicious and over protective
Very quick

General Comments
I lived with one of these dogs for 3 years, and I did grow very fond of it. I started to train it. However, the owner became jealous as the Jack Russell looked to me as the pack leader, so I backed off. There was a huge lack of training after this, and she is now very temperamental and unpredictable. Sometimes, she is fantastic and loving, but other times, she will go for your hand if you go anywhere near her.

I think that as long as Jack Russell's are trained and socialised from a young age, and they are clearly shown that they are bottom of the pack, then you will have a great pet. If not, you could have a problem dog. But, to be honest, I think this is the case with most breeds.

252776_Anonymous101's Response to lazzer r1's Review

Written on: 29/01/2007

I love these little fella's. When we were kids our Bobby (the Jack Russell) always came in handy when we didn't have enough fielders for a game of cricket. Good dogs these.

Carternm31's Response to lazzer r1's Review

Written on: 16/02/2007

I think Jack Russel's can be very good loving family pets if trained correctly. As you stated, it's the same with any breed.