Olympus OM1n Review

• Photograph Quality

JPESSIQUE's review of Olympus OM1n

“I love these Olympus OM cameras. ”

Written on: 20/01/2007 by JPESSIQUE (1 review written)

The look and the Leica like the feel are unique. The SLR Leica should have made !!
Extremely reliable clockwork mechanism
Awesome Zuiko lenses
Operates with a dead battery

A good CLA by Camtech generally needed if you want the best results

General Comments
I love these Olympus OM cameras.

Some people told me, why don't you use modern digital camera ?

I have bought one of these, I never use it now I have rediscovered all the possibilities of the OM1n.

My digital cams (one Canon DSLR, one Panasonic bridge) are collecting dust on a shelf.

I cannot even hope to sell them one fifth of the price I paid for them. !!!

Digital stuff takes snaps and is worth nothing the minute after you have bought it because they turned out 3 new versions since you left the shop !

My OM1s value is increasing with time...

Using an OM1 is like driving a vintage car. You enjoy it, the (engine) shutter noise, the speed (digital is so slowish), the results, especially in portrait.

Taking snaps with a digital cam is like going to work in a diesel van in a congested area. A real pain ...

Use digital stuff for your work, in case of an accident or if your house is on fire (pray for the battery to be OK) but use an OM for fun or serious photography, that is my motto !!

I also love to wait for the results from the lab ! This little pinch in the chest is unique.

Being an elderly man, I want to keep these precious little moments for me and me alone !!!

Seeing the result immediately spoils all the pleasure.

• Over 1 Year