Orange - www.orange.co.uk Review

• Signal Coverage

AngryShopper's review of Orange - www.orange.co.uk

“I have just bought a K750i on the Tesco Mobile...”

Written on: 02/01/2007 by AngryShopper (21 reviews written)

Good coverage across the UK. Services are quite broad.

Customer services are harder to contact than the Pope! Prices on Pay As You Go are now very UNCOMPETITIVE!

General Comments
I have just bought a K750i on the Tesco Mobile network. It works fine and I'm happy with their network coverage and prices. All I need to do is port my old mobile number (ORANGE) to my new phone. Now the problems start,

ORANGE seem to believe that they'll retain more customers by making it almost impossible to contact the ORANGE Customer Services department. I tried calling them (and got the message that I'd be charged a 25p fee every time I tried to get through) to request a PAC code to facilitate the transfer of my old mobile number to my new phone. Well each time I got through I was either disconnected, told that there was no customers services people available and then disconnected or left hanging for tens of minutes.

I then sent an email and got a snotty phone message from ORANGE. Asking me to contact them with a number and time/date when they could call me. They neglected to leave me any number to call them on. I tried calling them again. No success in trying to get through. Now I'm writing to OFCOM with a formal complaint.

One day I might get my PAC code, one day I might actually transfer my number over but I'm not holding my breath!

• Over 1 Year

Time with Network

• Signal Coverage

Angryshopper's Response to AngryShopper's Review

Written on: 03/01/2007

Quick update folks - After spending literally hours on the phone to Orange, I managed to get through. Not bad after five days spent trying to speak to a customer services rep. Orange have promised me that I should have my PAC code within 3 working days of today - I'll let you know what happens.

Brian J Smith's Response to AngryShopper's Review

Written on: 14/01/2007

I would wholeheartedly back up the comments made by 'Angryshopper'
<br/>Orange have totally lost the plot, and I will be contacting OFCOM, Trading Standards and BBC Watchdog in an effort to see that they sit up and pay attention.

Widge34's Response to AngryShopper's Review

Written on: 10/01/2007

Update: My PAC code came through 3 days after, as Orange stated. But i have decided to go with Tesco mobile as they run off O2 masts which seems to be a better reception around Monmouth, South Wales. Also Tesco customer service was excellent, no waiting for a customer advisor.

Angryshopper's Response to AngryShopper's Review

Written on: 09/01/2007

Next Update - As no PAC code had arrived in the post, I finally got through to ORANGE on Tuesday 9th of January. It didn't help that I'd been told previously by the UNHELPFUL ORANGE staff that I should call number 45 - a number that no longer worked. Well what do you know? Although they had a record of my request for a PAC code, dated the 2nd of January, they informed me nothing had been done about the request. No reason was given. It was just "Nothing has been done about it"! Nice. Perhaps ORANGE's management need to look up the term "Customer Service" some time.
<br/>
<br/>The ORANGE people said that I'd have to wait another 3 - 5 working days. I made it very clear that I wanted the PAC code asap, and as a consequence of that the ORANGE people actually TEXTED the PAC code to my mobile phone. This was exactly what the previous ORANGE person I had spoken to said was NOT possible. Why wasn't this done in the first place?
<br/>
<br/>I have now initiated the PAC transfer process with TESCO Mobile. It was such a difference being able to contact someone in a matter of seconds, compared to the extended waits that are necessary when talking to anyone at ORANGE. Also, the TESCO person was polite and very careful to ensure that I had all the information necessary for the PAC process to be completed. Good customer service makes all the difference.
<br/>
<br/>In conclusion, I can say that ORANGE is very good technically and for coverage, but when it comes to pricing (pay as you go) and customer service they are woefully below average.

Widge34's Response to AngryShopper's Review

Written on: 03/01/2007

I&#039;ve had the same problem, trying to get through to Orange. I constantly get cut off. I want to transfer my number over to T-Mobile. So yesterday i went to my nearest Orange shop explained what had happened when contacting Orange, i then asked them to contact Customer Services for me, which they did. My PAC number will be with me in the next couple of days.