British Gas Review

QUEEN HELENA's review of British Gas

☆☆☆☆☆

“British Gas/Scottish Gas, whatever you want to call...”

Written on: 18/12/2006 by QUEEN HELENA (1 review written)

None

Long waits on the phone
Unhelpful staff

General Comments
British Gas/Scottish Gas, whatever you want to call yourselves. I have never in my life been dealt with so badly by someone that I give a fortune of my hard earned cash to. 4 days with no gas, as my gas card was either lost or stolen. Numerous phone calls; one that had me on hold for 5 1/2 hours (still never answered). Another call with a 2 hour wait, to be told that I had to be on the premises for the next 4 hours, and an engineer would be out to supply emergency credit. No engineer called after taking the morning off work. On phoning back yet again, I was told that British Gas had no record of any call out. I was advised numerous times to go to my nearest pay-point and purchase a new card. This pay-point was in Girvan, which is over 100 miles away!! They kept insisting I was wrong, and that it was only 31 miles.

Finally, on the forth day I was promised that if I stayed in (another morning off work) an engineer would be out within 4 hours (now where have I heard that before??).

4 hours later, surprise surprise, no engineer. I phoned back again to be told to wait another 4 hours and an engineer would be out (more time off work). With all this time off work, by the time I get my new card I will have no wages to buy any gas!!

I have read all the other reviews on the internet, and no wonder every one is going to change their supplier. They have one other ex customer now ... me!

Queen Helena's Response to QUEEN HELENA's Review

Written on: 18/12/2006

Finally, the British Gas engineer came and gave me five pounds emergency credit. He also supplied a card and told me to top it up, which I did, with ten pounds, and on inserting it in the meter, it took back the credit that they had given me and would not register the ten pounds I had spent. More money lost.

Yvonne Reeves's Response to QUEEN HELENA's Review

Written on: 29/01/2007

Helena. Regarding you having to take time off work waiting for British Gas to call. You should have asked for a Claim form to get some money back for the Day's you were off work.
<br/>
<br/>It happened to me when I lived in London, and I got money back for 3 Days off work. Phone them or send an e-mail to them, and ask them to send you a form. Good Luck.