Dolcis Review

1.6
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Aasiabibi's review of Dolcis

“I am annoyed at Dolcis, because when spending over £60...”

written by Aasiabibi on 15/12/2006

Selling used shop shoes as new

General Comments
I am annoyed at Dolcis, because when spending over £60 on boots, I do not expect to receive one 'used' shop one and one new one. When I complained, the girl said it was the last pair and all they could do. On another occasion I tried on 2 size 6 boots, gave her the 'shop one' back and asked for a new one. She went away and came back with the same boot! I knew it was the same one because a) it looked older, but b) I had opened the buckle and tightened it, distorting the shoe, and I did not tuck the buckle in, and the shoe she came back with was exactly in this state! Then when I asked if they did discounts for used shoes, they looked at me like I was trying to fiddle THEM, and said no they didn't give discounts.

• Boots, £65

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Gavinturner's Response to Aasiabibi's Review

Written on: 25/01/2007

It is unfortunate that your size was the one on display, but you can't seriously be expecting Dolcis shop or any other shop to buy products just for display. In any shoe shop at any time there must be hundreds of single feet on display. When you go to Top Shop or Next to buy some clothes, do they pop out the back and get you some new ones? I don't think so. It is a bit misleading to say they are used shoes.

Bexston's Response to Aasiabibi's Review

Written on: 01/03/2007

I work for Dolcis and have done for 6 years. It really irratates me when people like you say they want a new pair of shoes because they don't want the display one, well there not second hand! All the shoes are new so face facts you either get that or nothing and if you don't like it go shop somewhere else!