Dolcis Review

1.6
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

taylol's review of Dolcis

“I purchased a pair of boots from their Trafford Centre...”

written by taylol on 28/11/2006

Great variety of footwear.

Poor customer service.
Shop very crowded.

General Comments
I purchased a pair of boots from their Trafford Centre store in Manchester. All the staff were very helpful until I came to pay. There were a few scratches on the boots and a tube of leather cream had been put into the box at the till (I thought this was complimentary for the scratched boots). The assistant said the cream was great and would remove the scratches, then charged me for the cream. When I queried this I was told 'they could not let me have it for free'. The supervisor was called, who told me if the cream was given, the boots became non-returnable (have they never heard of peoples statutory rights)? All this process took approximately 20 minutes of my time. I work hard for my money so when I spend it I expect excellent customer service, as well as excellent products.

• Boots, £60.00

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Kittyclare's Response to 268726_taylol's Review

Written on: 22/01/2007

I think that was pretty bad actually. If I worked at Dolcis, if that had occurred I would have reduced the boots by the price of the cream, and then scanned the cream, so effectively you would have received the cream for free, whilst still putting it through the till for audit purposes.