Print Cartridge Direct www.PrintCartridgeDirect.com Review

AngryShopper's review of Print Cartridge Direct www.PrintCartridgeDirect.com

“Well I can say that my experience with Print Cartridge...”

Written on: 02/11/2006 by AngryShopper (21 reviews written)

Good stock of inkjet cartridges for a wide variety of printers. Website seemed well laid out and easy to use. Competitive pricing.

Order was late and only partially fulfilled when it arrived, after a phone call from me. Staff were rude and seemed totally uncaring. Staff claimed proudly that 70 plus packages had disappeared in the post.

General Comments
Well I can say that my experience with Print Cartridge Direct was okay. They had a good selection of inkjet cartridges at what would appear to be excellent prices. Like many of these sites, it specialises in generic cartridges as well as manufacturers cartridges. The postage details were kept simple and easy to understand. I felt quite happy to do business with them.

I placed my order (Tuesday 24th October 2006) without mishap and looked forward to the arrival of the precious cartridges. I should say that I'm a photographer and use the carts in a CANON I9100 printer. I use a lot of these carts for producing proofs and sample prints for clients.

I got an email from www.PrintCartridgeDirect.com on the 24th of October telling me that my order had been dispatched. I was very happy with such rapid service.

I waited for the "First Class" post as promised on the website. Nothing arrived. I was called on the 27th of October as I was now out of Photo Magenta and needed ink urgently. I was going to call the number on the website, but in fact I didn't! Why? Because the number on the website was a 0870 number which would have cost me an arm and a leg. I spent sometime on the web and found their normal telephone number and called that (saving myself a tidy sum into the bargain). I got through to a lady who seemed more than just cavalier in her attitude to customer service. At one point she seemed almost proud of the fact that they had lost 70 plus packages in the post (I have run mail order businesses and still do and I can tell you that such a level of loss would be appalling). I explained my situation and the fact that I was facing a 40 mile round trip to buy cartridges. The "lady" accused me of being sarcastic! She also informed me that no tracking takes place, that the parcels are just picked up by the Royal Mail and that I would just have to wait. No apology, no attempt to placate the unhappy customer. It was very much an attitude of "tough and I couldn't care less!" As you can imagine I was incensed!

The next day (28th of October) a parcel did arrive with the post date of the 27th of October! I believe my package was sent after I had made my telephone call. Why else would it have a post date of the 27/10/06? I accepted the jiffy bag from the postman and thought it a little small. My suspicions were well founded. The jiffy bag held only one third of the order. Where was the rest? Still at the www.PrintCartridgeDirect.com depot sitting on a shelf because the order picker hadn't read the invoice properly. I emailed them explaining the situation. I got the following reply.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear customer,

We will send out the missing cartridges today.

Regards

Please note the lack of an apology. Please note that it wasn't even "signed" by an individual. Please note that no explanation was offered. Please note the inferred contempt for me, the customer.

Today, 2nd of November 2006, the second parcel arrived with the remaining cartridges. I checked them thoroughly as I wouldn't trust them to get the right answer to 1 + 1. Thankfully they were all there, along with another invoice, there was a strip of labels with www.PrintCartridgeDirect.com contact details on and a request to stick them to my printer. Obviously hoping that in future I'll be buying my inkjet cartridges from them. Strangely enough I won't be attaching the labels to anything. I have no intention of ever doing business with this company ever again.

It's not the fact that my order turned up late and incomplete that really makes me angry. It was the treatment that I received. I am the client. I am the person giving my hard earned cash to this company and I expect certain standards of customer service. Well this company failed that expectation in a spectacular manner. I would advise anyone seeking inkjet cartridges, etc., to avoid this company like the plague. No matter how much cheaper they might be, don't be tempted. The potential savings isn't worth it. Learn from my experience and find someone else to buy your cartridges from.

• I9100 Generic InkJet Cartridges £35.98

• Up to a week late

Ernie3942's Response to AngryShopper's Review

Written on: 21/09/2007

Hi, I am angry too 15 phone calls, 4 promises of money refund and 7 times being told "its in the post"... nothing. I cannot get a name for the person I am talking to either so where do I go from here? My order was accepted on the 5/7/07 and an order number given but I still can't get my ink!

J3M3S's Response to AngryShopper's Review

Written on: 04/03/2008

Hi once again, I finely received my cartridges after 8 weeks .I informed trading standards i also wrote to world pay which i think are no longer giving them there services my advice, DONT BUY FROM PRINTCARTRIGEDIRECT.COM. ps keep pestering this company.

Stoksky's Response to AngryShopper's Review

Written on: 27/02/2008

Have contacted the Trading Standards and they are looking into this company and have also contacted the credit company M&S to see if they can get some answers from Print Direct , Ink-UK.com and some other names from the same trading address.
<br/>Waiting for a full report on this company from Trading Standards.

Karenbow's Response to AngryShopper's Review

Written on: 25/02/2008

I too placed an order with print cartridge direct on 16/02/08 not arrived yet. Money was taken from my account tried to contact via telephone 5 lines all engaged constantly emailed them no reply. Have contacted both consumer direct and worldpay.

J3M3S's Response to AngryShopper's Review

Written on: 26/01/2008

Hi All, This may help i got in touch with worldpay they advised me to inform my credit card company or contact trading standards as they cant help in getting refunds ,I would not take this lightly and if they were breaking the rules of there contract they would withdraw there services everyone thats had problems with this company should inform worldpay good luck.

Stoksky's Response to AngryShopper's Review

Written on: 25/01/2008

I have also ordered two HP51649AE cartidges from their sister company Ink-UK.com from Crosville CH6 5RR, and no cartridges after 10 days and when they picked up the phone it was the Post Office delaying the goods?
<br/>Not one of my emails was answered and they put the phone down when I told them I would be informing the Trading Standards about the service.
<br/>
<br/>Have informed the Trading Standards about the problem of no goods.

Chester123's Response to AngryShopper's Review

Written on: 08/01/2008

I to am having problems with this company they also trade under the name UK-Ink.com.. beside a few others!.You cannot get in touch by phone as the line is always engaged and they have not responded to my e-mails. I have been waiting for over 3 weeks now and I spent the best part of fifty quid with them! I have since been in touch with the trading standards and am waiting for a reply.

Aceplayervlb's Response to AngryShopper's Review

Written on: 27/09/2007

I ordered my ink cartridges 3 weeks ago and they have not arrived even though I have phoned and have also been promised 2nd delivery.

Angryshopper's Response to AngryShopper's Review

Written on: 21/09/2007

Advice warning - this is what I would do to resolve this situation. It might work or it might not. At least you'll be doing something constructive to get your money back!
<br/>
<br/>In response to ernie3942 - if www.PrintCartridgeDirect.com aren't dealing with your complaint properly then you need to turn the screw. As you haven't received your order and they haven't refunded your money then you need to send one final email. Keep the tone cold and very polite. State what you ordered, when and for how much. State that you haven't received the goods ordered nor a refund. Also, clearly state your attempts to resolve this issue. Then give them a warning that if your issue is not resolved within 2 working days then you'll be filing an official complaint with your local Trading Standards Officer (you'll find details usually on your local Council's website) and a complaint to your card provider/bank stating that you appear to have been ripped off and you want a refund from your card provider. Hopefully that'll get them moving but from my own experience don't hold your breath! If they don't respond then follow through with your threat. Complain to Trading Standards and your card issuer. Even if the card issuer cannot or will not give a refund they might be able to help you in some other way.
<br/>
<br/>Alternatively, you could ask your local Citizens Advice Bureau for help and advice. I hope you get a refund. Good Luck. AngryShopper