O2 XDA 2 Review

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

jimrbrobinson's review of O2 XDA 2

“This O2 XDA 2 smartphone runs my life. I make...”

Written on: 15/10/2006 by jimrbrobinson (8 reviews written)

Everything you need is in the box and I mean everything, software, connecting cradle (USB link for PC), charger hands-free earpiece and even a nice leather-look belt case and spare stylus. You can walk out of the shop with a complete package ready to go.

The built-in security (pin-code) system seems a little hit-and-miss to me. Navigating round the operating system isn't as intuitive as Palm-OS, but it's more flexible than Palm.

General Comments
This O2 XDA 2 smartphone runs my life. I make extensive use of the Pocket PC features, especially spreadsheets for my expenses for work, the built-in word processor for documents on the go. The quick and easy synchronisation with my desktop PC is a godsend, especially when keeping my calendar and address book updated. I also recently purchased a family tree program online for it and haven't looked back. Being a motorcyclist I cannot carry huge amounts of research material, but the XDA can be loaded with what I need when I go on my research trips, without the need for expensive notebook computers or lots of paper. The built-in camera takes nice sharp photos, which I have used for gravestones, plaques and the occasional document with pleasing results. I don't know how I managed in the old days when my mobile phone was separate to my PDA. I am using a Sandisk 1Gb SD Card in mine for photos and documents.

• Battery Life