MZ Mastiff Review

• Build quality

• Reliability

jonnypneumonic69's review of MZ Mastiff

“My MZ Mastiff looks mean, goes like a bat out of hell...”

Written on: 20/09/2006 by jonnypneumonic69 (3 reviews written)

Other than the look (which you either love or hate), for me the bike just has a nice feel; feels right somehow. When your on it you fell part of the bike, where as with some, you feel like your perched on top. Handles the twisties of North Scotland like they were a straight on the M6; couldn't ask for more. The bike is sturdy in looks, feel and build quality. The Yam XTZ engine and KTM frame just work somehow;

Hmmmm.... Again we come back to the plastics; you either love the look or you hate it. When I first saw the bike, I thought yuck! but my eye kept going back to it, and the more I looked the more I saw its good points. Nothing wrong with the quality of the plastics, I should make that clear, but their look won't be for everybody. Personally I'm not keen on the small supermoto style front muddy, but you can change that to a full size moto-x style one if you want, all the brackets are there. Change the can, looks a bit naff; almost home made!

General Comments
My MZ Mastiff looks mean, goes like a bat out of hell (if you have the full spec model), front end comes up on command (or so I'm told officer), has great road clearance, starts, rides and stops as it should. What can I tell you? If you're into a supermoto style bike, give this a go, you won't be sorry.

Would I buy one again, yes! Will I be selling this one any time soon, not on your life. The beast will be with me for many years to come.

• 1998

Year Manufactured