Fiat Punto 1.2 8v Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

lyddybop's review of Fiat Punto 1.2 8v

“This Fiat Punto 1.2 8v 5-door was my first car and it...”

Written on: 14/09/2006 by lyddybop (1 review written)

The city button is excellent for tight parking such as multistories. Excellent mpg, I can fill my tank up for around £35 and get 350+ miles out of it! Parts are reasonably priced, not too expensive, not too cheap!
Cheap insurance and tax.
Very roomy inside.

Very easy to break into!
Had both my locks popped so I would recommend having them removed completely, filled in, sprayed and getting remote central locking. This is legal as long as you have one keyed entry to your car (boot). Then if thieves want to break in, they smash a window which is a lot cheaper to replace than a lock!
The car starts to shake when above 75 miles an hour and also has a high pitched squeak every now and then that disappears when you brake.
Interior cheap looking.

General Comments
This Fiat Punto 1.2 8v 5-door was my first car and it has been excellent considering I only bought it because I liked the colour. It's lovely to drive and many friends and family have been surprised by this! I have had it for a year and it starts every time, I've never had a problem and it flew through its MOT without any problems or even recommendations!

I would defiantly advise for a first-time car, as the tax and insurance is cheap and you get loads of miles to the gallon. Excellent little car!

• 2001

Year Manufactured