Mustek DV3000 Review

• Video Quality

• Sound Quality

James.'s review of Mustek DV3000

“well i received my Mustek DV3000 yesterday and i must...”

Written on: 09/05/2003 by James. (1 review written)

Great build quality, Fun to use, Gets the job done, LCD is great, Battery life is better than expected

Can't zoom while you record, no flash.. low light vid sucks.

General Comments
well i received my Mustek DV3000 yesterday and i must say it is more than i expected for the 150 price tag... it works great and seems to hold up pretty well... I already dropped it off my bike at 15mph and its still recording.

The vid quality is about as good as internet vid.. nothing you could make a movie with.

The pic quality is about par with mid range digicams.

The software included is okay. I mostly hate the interfaces... Thats Ulead for you though.

The build quality is great for such a cheap camera.. I mean great.

The battery life is pretty good.. it runs on 2 AA batteries and has lasted me about 25 min of record time so far and i have more life still..

The 32MB card that comes with the camera holds about 500 low res pics, and 250 ish high res pics. It holds about 5 min of high resolution video and about 13 min of low res video. the FPS = 15

The only main gripes i have about the camera are that you cant zoom WHILE you are recording and that the cam isnt that great in low light. Ive since then come up with a fix about the low light situation that is not a problem at all and is actually better because it uses an external battery for the lighting so it doesnt cut into recording time.

Other than that i would recommend this cam to everyone. it is a great toy to mess around with and get some stuff on the internet, its nothing like a Nikon Coolpix 5700 or anything though so dont get your hopes too high. It is perfect for screwing around and getting a smaller size vid on the internet. or even pics of junk you are selling or just cool little pics. Bascally anythng you dont want to screw up your good camera for you can use this..

Digital Dumb A##.'s Response to 96272_James.'s Review

Written on: 22/05/2003

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT U DID TO FIX THE NO FLASH/LOW LIGHT PROBLEM!THIS WILL BE NY FIRST DIGITAL CAMERA, AND NOT SURE HOW TO GET AROUND THIS.

Slimster333's Response to 96272_James.'s Review

Written on: 30/08/2003

I have just got this funcky camera and would be interested in how you got round the low light problem ?

Slimster333's Response to 96272_James.'s Review

Written on: 30/08/2003

I have just bought this camera and would like to know how you got round the low light problem?

109116_Rob.'s Response to 96272_James.'s Review

Written on: 20/06/2003

I just received my mustek yesterday and must say it is a fun little camera. Can anyone tell me the specific name brand of the external light source they used? Thanks.

Aurora.'s Response to 96272_James.'s Review

Written on: 09/06/2003

I'd also like to know about the light issue as well. I almost returned my unit...but it was a hassle and for the money I paid, I can deal ....but I think my light problem is because the inner and outer lenses don't line up exactly. You can actaully see that they are a little off center...you have to catch light at a certain angle even in good light. A solution to the light issue would be most welcome...what kind of flash unit did you get? AND while I'm asking questions...I can take off the outer lens to get better light...there is a small piece of glass laying on top of the inner lens though. Is that important? why do you suppose it is there? It is the inner lens that is off center and I don't want to break anything..is there some way I can get an outer lens that has a bigger eye area to compensate...any ideas of where to look?

104638_Linda.'s Response to 96272_James.'s Review

Written on: 05/06/2003

Hi Johnny-
<br>Can you tell me what kind of small flash type device you hooked up to it...any help would be much appreciated. :)
<br>Linda

101631_Johnny.'s Response to 96272_James.'s Review

Written on: 26/05/2003

All you have to do is buy a small flash type device and tape it on the cam. Quite simple to get around the low light problem.
<br>
<br>I have hopes for this cam considering out of 71 other cams it won the 2003 Digital Shoot Out Dima award. So it must be a good cam and take good photos. I hope, I'll be getting mine soon.
<br>
<br>Anyway good luck with yours, Johnny

100691_Andre.'s Response to 96272_James.'s Review

Written on: 23/05/2003

I would also like to know how you solved the lighting problem??
<br>My email is [email protected]
<br>If you could email your solution to be that would be excellent.