T-Mobile Sidekick 2 Review

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

londontherapy's review of T-Mobile Sidekick 2

“I am now so used to using my T-Mobile Sidekick that I...”

Written on: 20/06/2006 by londontherapy (1 review written)

Easy to use and with a cheaper contract than using Blackberry. The screen flips round and uncovers the keyboard, so you can easily type text messages or emails. You get a few free games and a free calculator that you have to download. You can access your saved photos, emails, calendar and address book online, which is a really nice feature.

The camera takes poor quality photos. The keyboard is a little small, but manageable. The reception is not great, and without using a headset, callers can't hear you clearly. The internet connection is a little slow, but since it's included in the monthly fee, I can live with it. The email facility seems to have a few glitches. I have found sent emails sitting in the trash folder when they shouldn't be there. I also had several emails go missing which were never deleted. T-Mobile state there is no way of retrieving an email once it has been deleted from the trash folder, although I'm not sure that is actually the case.

General Comments
I am now so used to using my T-Mobile Sidekick that I feel lost without it. I run a small business and use the Sidekick to keep in touch with my clients. It is really useful to be able to send and receive emails on the go. However, I'm a bit uneasy about using the email facility, as I've had some emails go missing, which I definitely did not delete and which T-Mobile say can't be retrieved.

• Battery Life