Wentworth Direct Finance - www.wentworthdirect.co.uk Review

• Speed of Application

Michelle123's review of Wentworth Direct Finance - www.wentworthdirect.co.uk

☆☆☆☆☆

“I recently made an online application for a loan, it...”

Written on: 12/06/2006 by Michelle123 (2 reviews written)

I recently made an online application for a loan, it was unsuccessful. I subsequently read on the Review Centre about Yes-Loans and I am amazed that this company can get away with what it is doing. However, I have today received a letter from WENTWORTH DIRECT FINANCE and they are doing exactly the same as YES! They quoted me a rate of 15.2% on £5000 over 3 years, which I thought was reasonable, but when I rang them to discuss the finer details and ask who the loan was with, I was told that the loan had not been agreed as it claims in their letter, and that they are in fact a broker, and on receipt of my £39 they would try and broker the loan for me. Needless to say I have not proceeded with them.

I have, by the way just agreed a loan with Black Horse Finance, it wasn't as much as I wanted, but at least they are up front. I paid nothing up front, and I received the money direct into my bank account within a week of the application. Be on your guard. There are lots of companies out their who prey on those who can least afford it.

• 15.2%

Loan Rate

Barbera's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 30/06/2006

Michelle, very helpful - thank you. I have also made an application on line and told I was successful and I needed to pay a broker fee of £49 which I was going to do today but after reading your comments I wont fall for it.

Ian Hamilton's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 07/07/2009

I found this review helpful because...the more reviews bringing the business practices of WDF to the attention of the public the better.

459961_Harveyjp's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 13/05/2009

Paid £55 fee after being approved by there underwriters didnt here anything for 2weeks. Tried calling many times to there completely useless customer services line were you are put on hold for 20/30 mins,never managed to get through! Criminals!

456881_Clairewafc's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 28/04/2009

Yes I was told the repayment amount and the rate the loan was at.I was told I had gone through there systems and everything was fine. I then got a letter from Parkfield Financial services asking for more information which I have sent but after reading this site I am getting worried I have been scammed.

455934_Fantasybaby's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 23/04/2009

i wish i had read this before.......... i received the same letter saying i had been approved, i paid &pound;55 brokers fee which was actually my shopping money that was 3 weeks ago i have heard nothing since. <br/>This is so unfair and i feel that these people need to be dealt with in legal terms. I am sure that this comes under the trade discription act as they are not fulfling their promise. It is indirect THEFT and they should be prosecuted.

449772_Stu1988's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 24/03/2009

Was anyone else told the repayment amount for each month before they had to pay the &pound;49?
<br/>

Hello Bear's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 04/11/2008

please please keep away from these people I have made several calls and written letters saying I want my fee back still nothing.....

Thegrange's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 29/10/2008

If you are in trouble with your finances, it is not the end of the world. Though I know it feels like it at the time. Even though I have been through all the anguish and have sucessfully come through it, even I have been seduced by the Wentworth approach though after reading this I have stopped the cheque. Thanks to all who have contributed. Debt consolidation is an expensive fix. Bankrupcy and IVA's sour your credit history. However, if you contact your lenders and offer them a pro rata payment based on what you can afford and DO NOT try to get them to reduce the amount outstanding, most lenders will work with you and most will either not put anything on your credit file because they know that will further impead your recovery or they will put a single default comment which in time will disappear. They will contact you from time to time to ask you to increase you repayments but never be pressured into an amount that you know you cannot maintain.

Goldengirll's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 22/07/2008

I am so glad that I came online to check this company. I, like many others was ready to pay the &pound;49 (which needless to say I can ill afford!). I shall now tear up the application and hold my creditors off a bit longer till I can resolve my finances without putting myself in further debt!!!

Kelly900's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 26/06/2008

I have just recieved a letter saying that I have been approved for a loan and that I have to pay a fee of &pound;49. Having read all the reviews from all of you I am not sure that I will go forward with the application.
<br/>Can someone tell me if I am doing the right thing?

376551_Mountford's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 24/06/2008

My credit rating is bad, I wanted to consolidate my debts to improve my rating as I am starting a new business. How can I repair my credit? It seems that once you have made a mistake, it stays with you forever? Can anyone help me?

376401_Webman2000's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 23/06/2008

I was just going to send them a cheque in response to the letter they sent me claiming I have been "approved" for a loan. I almost abandoned my application to my bank which is under processing as Wentworth are offering a much lower APR. But thank goodness for sites like this. I think I'm better off with the devil I already know!

366832_Loopy11223's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 16/05/2008

I found this review helpful because...it shows what I found to be the truth

Wackjack956's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 05/03/2008

I found this review helpful because it informed me of what they r really like! it is unfortunate that i have already sent them £49 brokers fee

Lilmisssunshine13's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 15/02/2008

I'm so glad I looked these people up on the net, I received a letter today saying I had been approved for a loan but that they wanted £49 up front. I contacted them and was told that if I did not sign for a loan then I would get a refund. I asked about the repayments and was told that the amount shown on their chart was only "a guideline" also they then told me they were a broker and that I had not actually been approved. I have since been approved elsewhere today with a more well known company for the amount i wanted but with a slightly higher repayment amount. Thank goodness we have these sites!

Blackdog1's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 11/09/2007

Exactly same happened to me, I was told I could have refund after paying £50, which I have never received, after numerous letters I am still waiting, this company is a bad, and pray on the less fortunate.

Claire Marchantwilliams's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 28/03/2007

I wish I had read this BEFORE I signed up with YES. I sent my £49.50 off back in October, and I have heard nothing since. Yesterday I got the Wentworth Direct Finance form, and I noticed that I had been 'approved' for a loan. Thanks to reading this, I have just torn up the cheque! I am going to try Black Horse now. Thanks!

Jebro2000's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 07/10/2006

I seem to have fallen into the YES trap also! I have paid the £49 that I could ill afford, and the best offer they could come up with was nowhere near what was requested! I too did not realise at the time that they were a broker, as this is not mentioned online. I received a letter that stated the loan was approved, but now they are 'reviewing my credit report/score' to see if they can improve it!! Will this actually happen? Who knows!

260922_Shazfully's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 25/09/2006

I paid £39 to Wentworth Direct Finance Personal Loans, and they could not get me a loan. I am still waiting for a refund of my £39 after nearly 4 months. I was told it takes 8 weeks to get a refund. Well, I am well over that time and still waiting.

Milly1585's Response to Michelle123's Review

Written on: 28/07/2006

Many thanks for the comments - I too had received an &#039;offer&#039; but was dubious about paying £49 I haven&#039;t really got. Reading your comments I&#039;ll stick with what I&#039;ve got and try to hold off the creditors a bit longer.