Siemens SL42 Review

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

Sukhy.'s review of Siemens SL42

“This phone looked really nice, but the main reason I...”

Written on: 12/04/2003 by Sukhy. (1 review written)

Cheap MMCs available mean you can store lots of MP3s; Stylish good looks.

Expense of buying headset, PC cable & MMC separately; VERY SLOW AT UPLOADING MP3s! (4mb file takes around 10min!); Hangs when navigating; Less than intuitive menu system; Doesn't display time of last call made (which I would find useful at times)

General Comments
This phone looked really nice, but the main reason I bought it was the MP3 functionality it provided (I catch the tube to work). Unfortunatly the SL42 does not come with headset+PC cable, which I had to buy myself. In addition I bought a 64mb MMC... these were not cheap (NOTE they come with the SL45 which is identical except it comes with 32mb MMC). I was annoyed to find that songs take forever to upload from PC to the phone! No chance connecting the phone to PC cable and uploading some tracks a few minutes before heading for work.... more like leaving phone connected overnight! Also, contrary to what others have written the menu system is NOT intuitive (Nokias are much simpler) although I got used to it after a few days. Overall, buy the phone for its looks and MP3 functionality, but be warned transfer times are high.

• Reception